Sunday, July 6, 2008

Attitude

Yesterday I reached a new low in pregnancy world. I had seen on the television the new blizzard from Dairy Queen. The girl scout thin mint blizzard. I honestly was salivating and couldn't wait to get one. So after our meal on Saturday night my family and I drove to the DQ in Pelham. I was so excited! Which is pretty shameful in it self. Oh well who cares at this point, I'm a fatty and I love ice cream. We waited in line and then it was our turn, finally. My father was driving and I was in the back seat so he ordered for me. The unexpecting lady came over the intercom after we requested our blizzard. Then the words I didn't want to hear, "Maam, we are out of thin mints." With no thinking involved, rolled down the back window and proceeded to reprimand the DQ lady. I told her that I had waited for this blizzard all day long and was very pregnant on top of that. She calmly told me that there was another Dairy Queen in Alabaster and maybe I should check there. I was furious! If I had been inside I probably would have dove over the counter and took someone out. Belly and all. Thank goodness I was confined to the car. So my family and I drove all the way to Alabaster. I anxiously awaited the chipper guy on the other end of the intercom to reply after we ordered the blizzard for the 2nd time. He said, yes we have one. THANK GOODNESS! Crisis averted. The blizzard was so good by the way and well worth it. I have officially lost it. I need to have this baby before poor innocent people begin to lose their heads.

No comments: