Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ant Bites

So after the fun pictures of her playing in the water hose we realized she was eaten up with fireant bites. They looked very normal last night. This morning they looked pus filled and red and inflammed. We didn't think much because most antbites look that way. As the day continued on we realized that these antbites weren't getting better. Around 3 p.m. we decided to call the oncall nurse at our pediatrician. She was totally alarmed and told us to take her to the Children's Hospital E.R. Ok, so a little freaked out we took her down there. Sure enough she had some type of allergic reaction to the fireant venom. Which caused them to pus up and spread. The doc gave her a antibiotic and benadryl for the next 10 days. Obviously we have sensitive skin issues. Of course she didn't care and was playing, running, falling, and bouncing around like normal AK. What a trooper.

No comments: