Thursday, January 22, 2009

So much time has passed

I know! I know! So much time has passed since I have blogged about sweet baby AshlynKay. Our computer has been broken, fixed, then broken again. So now its in computer heaven and I have a new sparkling and shiny one. YAY!



Let's see....what has gone on since I last posted. Well Christmas came and went. That was really fun though. Although she didn't really have a clue as to what everyone was doing staring at her, she enjoyed the attention. She also loves all of her new toys. Jeff and I did have to make a new rule though. Only 1-2 toys per set of grandparents or great-grandparents. She literally has 2 toy boxes full now. It is seriously ridiculous. Oh well I guess that is all part of it. I have a couple of pictures from Christmas Eve, but the others are still on my grandmother and mothers camera from actual Christmas Day. We had Christmas at our house this year. It was so nice to not have to travel anywhere. I definitely can not wait until next Christmas. What an adventure that will be.

She is now sitting up nice and tall. She looks so big when she is sitting up. We also have discovered that we love Baby Einstein videos. She sits in her pod and watches them over and over again. It is pretty nice. Oh, we also now cry when mommy leaves the room. It makes me so sad. She will hopefully get over that little phase soon. Hmm... what else.... Her little personality is shining through. She talks and laughs and smiles and really gets in to things. As the pediatrician calls her " A Wild Woman." Not too sure how that will work later on in life.

We are officially 6 months now and I can't believe it. Where in the world did 6 months go. Seriously does anyone know what happened here? I'm searching for time if anyone has seen it.

I'm now working part time and its perfect. I get to play with her on Wed. and Friday's and we have fun. I feel less stressed too so that is nice for everyone. I actually feel like I'm a part of her life instead of someone who drops her off and picks her up. I love it!

We have been sick a couple of times. Nothing major. She just got over a nasty stomach virus. That was great. Oh and of course we had to do a stool sample. So if you ever think your life is bad, wait until you have to scoop poop into a tiny bottle and take it around with you until you have time to take it to get analyzed. When you have a permanent poop smell in your nose you know its bad. She is much better now.

Now that I have the computer back it hopefully won't be so long until the next post. Maybe I can drag AshlynKay away from her Baby Einstein video and she can write a little something.

No comments: