Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello World

I have been so busy updating and managing the twins blog that I let the whole family blog go to the waste side. Bad Kristen. Obviously a lot of stuff has changed in the Moran Family Circus. Funny thing. The circus came to Birmingham and all I could think of was how similar it was to my own family. A ringmaster, ummm ME, the animals, my children (and sometimes my husband), the spectators, all of our friends, and the acts, well those are our daily situations which are some times dangerous, some time comedic, and sometimes simply amazing. Hmmm...

Updates on the home front. Ashlyn Kay is officially potty trained. Well I'm calling it no matter what anyone says. I still make her wear a pull up during the night, but during the day, including nap times, its Dora or Minnie Mouse panty city. She has done so well. I think I am still shocked at how such a small child can grasp such a crazy concept. Children are simply amazing sometimes. So along with our accomplishment has come a attitude, ugh. Even though she is 2 1/2 I guess the terrible two's crept up on us late. She is sassy, bossy, whiny, and right out a pain in my rear on most days. She had the audacity to tell me yesterday that she wasn't going to do something because she was "busy". If I didn't think my neighbors were watching and would have called DHR I probably would have smacked her. If this is ANY indication of how 13 is going to be I want out! I mean need to go on a year long mission trip at that point. I sometimes feel bad for feeling angry at my child but then again I am better than the woman who murdered her children for talking back. I know we all feel like murdering them at times but who actually does it? I guess her.

The twins are growing and just perfect in every way. Yesterday all three of the kids and I loaded up and went to the pediatrician for the twins RSV vaccination that they get monthly. The office is so sweet because they let us just show up and take us through the back door so we aren't exposed to all the germs in the lobby. I prepared myself with bottles, diapers, snack for AK, and Go Diego Go. I was ready! Ashlyn Kay went to the potty several times and got a sucker which she loved. The twins did well with their shots too. They weighed 13 pounds 3 ounces (Palmer) and 12 pounds 12.5 ounces (Blake). Wow! We did wait a good 2 hours because no one told the nurses that we were there. I was a bit miffed! Oh well things happen I guess. All in all we made it out, ALIVE.

Today we are heading to Children's Hospital for Blake to have a ultrasound. Her GI doc wants to have a look at her major gut parts to make sure the anatomy is all correct due to her spitting up. I am going to have them look and see if she has ovaries. I seem to catch myself being concerned about this. I know if she doesn't there is nothing I can do to change this. So it shouldn't matter, but here I am writing I am going to have them check. I will update everyone later.

Also, Jeff's step mother, Martha Moran, is having heart surgery. Please put her in your prayers today!

No comments: