Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vacation Adventure

Jeff & I headed to Gulf Shores with our friends the Gilmers for a relaxing weekend of fun in the sun, shrimp, and sleep. We arrived on Thursday sans children and we were ready to relax. Within a hour or so we had a couple pounds of shrimp in hand sitting on the pier at the bay having a blast. It was off to a good start. The next morning Lynlee and I went to the Beach Club for our Pre-mothers day massages provided by our sweet husbands. They were amazing! We had a great time just relaxing and then headed to the outlets for some retail therapy. After shopping for a couple of hours we grilled out and then all went to bed. It was a great day! Saturday the sun wasn't out but it still seemed like a day that needed us at the beach. Once we got to the beach the clouds had burned off and we laid out for several hours. The wind was blowing so it was nice and cool. The boys picked up sandwiches and it was great eating them on the sand. We decided we had enough sun and sand and headed back to the house to get ready to hit the dinner scene and florabama. I, absent mindedly, left a package at one of the stores at the outlet on Friday so we ran out there before dinner to pick it up. The boys decided they needed some retail therapy too. I started to feel a little sick and I was a tad bit burnt, but I didn't think it was that bad. By the time we got in the car I felt horrible and dizzy. We ran to the pharmacy to pick me up some Burts Bees Wax after sun care and some Emetrol. I decided I needed to go home and lay down. Sweet Jeff stayed with me while I shivered and slept. I woke up feeling better. Sunday morning, about 30 minutes after I woke, I started having sharp pains in my stomach and back. After rolling around on the bed in tears Jeff said we were heading to the ER. G drove us there in what felt like lightening spread. We waited in the ER for a minute then Jeff yelled at someone and off we went to OB labor & delivery. I was admitted and they started to work. The staff was so nice, slow, but nice. After a battery of test I was told I was severely dehydrated and it caused pre-term labor contractions. The babies were fine and I just needed fluids. They made us stay overnight, Jeff loved the bed-ha, and we finally left Monday morning. So needless to say our relaxing, childless vacation, turned out to end up crappy....but always a adventure! Just another scene from the award winning show called the Moran Circus!

No comments: